Friday, May 11, 2012

Beaches Make Me Lazy

So Danielle and I have pretty much been living at the beach since our arrival in Thailand last Wednesday. Our first stop was Koh Phangan where the Full Moon Party is held. We were a little concerned about our lodgings as we had booked a little late and not a lot of places were free. We were staying at the poorly named Party Hostel which turned out to be a lovely place with lots of entertaining people to...party with. It was our first time staying in a dorm at a hostel and while I wouldn't want to do it that often it wasn't so bad as we were positioned right under the air conditioner. In fact I wore most of my clothes to bed but I got some amazing sleep. The Full Moon Party and all the parties leading up to it were more of what we had seen in Laos and Cambodia but with a whole lot more neon clothing, body paint, and dangerous fire activities. After the full moon party the town looked like a war zone with nearly everyone bandaged, limping or on crutches. Luckily since Danielle and I are so mature we made it out with only a few scrapes and bruises from an ill thought out climbing adventure early in the morning. Anyway, lots of fun was had and then we were ready for some peace and quiet so we got a boat taxi to the next beach over where I pretty much spent each day laying in the perfectly clear shallow water and getting nice and tan/sunburned.
Now we are at a beach a little ways away from Krabi on the west coast. This area is famous for rock climbing and the scenery is crazy. Thailand really is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. Definitely more travelers and things are more expensive but you can see why.
Tomorrow we are headed to Koh Muk which I believe was Pete's favorite when he was hear. Then its on to Bangkok to finally get my debit card and get our visa for India! I can't believe we will be there so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment