Monday, July 16, 2012

Don't Worry I Haven't Become a Buddhist

So Danielle and I completed a 10 day silent Introduction to Buddhism course in Dharamsala last Thursday. While some of you may be shocked that I was able to stay silent for 10 days it ended up being an incredibly wonderful and significant experience. I learned a huge amount about both Buddhism and mediation. Our meditation leader was particularly wonderful as was able to lead us through some very challenging subjects in such a way that the exercises were extremely beneficial. Ultimately it was a pretty intense experience and we all know that blogs are not the place for those so to hear more details you will just have to talk to me when I come home.
After leaving the course I found out that the friend that I was going to meet in Goa had a family emergency and had to fly back to England. This left me in a bit of a confusing position as I had a flight to Goa but didn't really know if thats where I should be going. I decided to cancel my flight and will be spending some time here. Danielle leaves tonight (very sad) and I will be moving up to the little town of Dharamkot which is much quieter and trying to figure out what my next move will be. While I am contemplating where I will head next I am going to join some of my friends in doing a Ayurvadic cleanse for 14 days. I met with the doctor today and it sounds like it will be quite the experience and will hopefully remove all of my physical and emotional blocks. It feels strange to be traveling alone and its the first time that I have really been challenged to think only about myself and actually figure out what I want from my time traveling, where I want to go, and when I want to come home. At this point I can't answer any of those questions but I am hoping that after some time I will know what the next step should be. Until that time I've started reading James Joyce's Ulysses so that should keep me well occupied (and confused).

No comments:

Post a Comment