Saturday, September 10, 2011

Panda

So I had a real creative idea for this post involving lots of photos but due to my not having every photo ever taken of me on my computer and facebook changing for the worse it is going to be less creative. Less photos, more words, and as an avid blog reader I know no one likes reading so I'm sorry that I wont be able to illustrate this moving story with images but since I'm only related to/friends with highly literate people (so the only people that read this) you guys shouldn't have too much of a problem.
So for those of you who are not familiar with my traveling/teaching partner Danielle we studies abroad together in Australia and our friendship was pretty much based on going to concerts and whatnot. Australia had a number of musical highlights that bonded our friendship (this is where I would have including pictures to capture our budding friendship and the concerts that we attending). Anyway, this continued all across American including stops in Austin, TX, Palms Springs, CA and Sheldon, VT. Now that we are in Korea the key to our friendship (concerts) has pretty much been stolen from us because Koreans seem to be deaf and listen to K-Pop. So far we have attended a whopping two concerts while here, my new six month low. Luckily our friendship has been able to survive and shockingly even grow without this integral aspect.
Last night we attended the second of our two concerts- Gold Panda. And it was a pretty fucking sweet show. Now I realize that someone starving would argue that any food was the best they have ever had as someone that once used to attend quite a few concerts in a six month period I feel that I can separate my music starvation from my critical judgement of a musical event. Anyway, the show was awesome, even the opener was awesome. Just one guy (British apparently), kinda mellow ravey, electronic- so all you old folks would probably hate it. It was great to see some good live music. One benefit of living in a place devoid of cool music is that when it does appear people get extremely excited (like me) making the show even better- nothing worse than a lame audience (I must say I found the DC audience for Yeasayer the most uptight of any I have been part of, probably cause everyone wants a government job where they will potentially be drug tested and so don't ever have any fun unlike Burlington where they don't let you in if you look too straight). Anyway, great night and it rained all day today (shocker) which was actually perfect because I was hungover and all I wanted to do was watch TV, a task I definitely achieved, finished Breaking Bad, got caught up on Project Runway, Jersey Shore and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills along with watching Midnight in Paris and its only 8:43! What a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment