Tuesday, September 4, 2012

GOA: Arambol

So completed my first week in Goa. If you weren't aware this is very off-season for Goa as it is the end of the monsoon period and things don't really get crazy until Nov./Dec. (which is best as I have pretty much had my fill of beach raves in Thailand). Anyway, despite things being very mellow and there being some rain its been really nice to be back by the ocean and feels totally different from the North. First of all its a proper ocean with real waves unlike Thailand and Cambodia which was just lovely still water. I much prefer the waves but the lifeguards are quite strict about not going out too far, I think because most Indians that I have seen swimming don't show much of an aptitude for it. Either way it was great to get in the ocean. The food is awesome, my two months of being a vegetarian went right out the window along with my two months without drinking alcohol. Both were well worth it. Arambol was super chill, mostly just a few restaurants right on the beach where I would hang out, eat delicious food, meet people, and read. There were some crazy storms but I love watching them so the weather hasn't bothered me. And when you are sitting outside the Goans will know a good five minutes before the rain is coming. At first I wouldn't believe them as it was still beautiful and didn't want to go inside but sure enough the rain would always come. Its their fifth sense.
Anyway, after a week I was reading for a new scene so I am now in Anjuna a bit down the cost. I was planning on spending a week or so here but there isn't much of a beach and the restaurants aren't as nice to spend days in so I am going to go with some people to Hampi for however long and then come back to Goa for some final beach time but head to the South.

No comments:

Post a Comment