Friday, March 4, 2011

Russian Prostitute

So I have been warned several times that my blond hair (fake) and my blue eyes (very real) make me a Russian prostitute here and that I shouldn't take offense when people inquire about my rates.
I have successfully finished my first week of real work! Today Danielle and I are going to venture into the city for the first time. We are headed to  some big shopping/market area which should be interesting.
Yesterday one of my students asked me if I was speaking in my normal voice...wasn't really sure how to respond but eventually was able to figure out that he thought I sounded like I had a cold which was actually correct.
I am really looking forward to getting to name kids. Apparently if they are new and don't have an English name yet we get to name them! If your lucky I might even name one after you. Some teachers have clearly abused the privelege as I have students named: Berry (girl), Shiny (girl), Young (girl), Silver Bell (apparently a translation of his Korean name) and Pong (boy).

No comments:

Post a Comment