Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Instead of Coachella, Bonnaroo, Camp Bisco, Lollapalooza, and Austin City Limits.....

So the worst part by far of being in Korea is that lack of the activities that make me happiest: live music and awesome museums. I have been pretty spoiled in the last few years as living in New York I have had the opportunity to see tons of bands and got to go to every museum for free! Anyway, sadly the museum/art scene is pretty weak in Busan, I am sure that it is great in Seoul but I haven't really had a chance to spend much time there. The music scene is not much better but super randomly the band Toro y Moi came to Busan and played right near where I work! Of course Danielle and I (and it seemed every cool person in Busan) was thrilled at the opportunity to not only see some live music but to see a band that a) we actually knew and b) was actually good! Pretty exciting stuff as most of the time when I go online I get reminded that people in American are doing things like going to Bonnaroo this weekend. Anyway, the show was great and everyone there was super psyched to hear some good music. Hopefully this wont be a one time thing and the venue will get some other sweet American bands. Anyway, the show was last Wednesday and Danielle and I went straight from work so my pictures are not as blurry as they tend to be at concerts because I was sober as a rock. The one benefit of seeing bands in foreign countries (this happened in Australia too with Danielle) is the opportunity to actually meet and hang out with the musicians as the venues tend to be tiny.


He looked just like a young Ghandi

Matching hipster white sneakers

So maybe not quite sober as a rock....


Did you not know that I am super artsy?









Added to the list of musicians that Danielle and I have met together. Sadly Korean's don't always take the best pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment