Friday, March 2, 2012

Step 1: Ho Chi Minh

So Danielle and I have successfully completed three days in Ho Chi Minh City. The first two nights we were staying at a great hostel but since they didn't have room for us for another two nights the owner decided to put us up in her home! So we are staying with her husband and a woman from Australia who has been living here for about 7 months working at a school for the blind. Tonight Mr. Long is going to cook us some dinner which should be pretty delicious. The food so far has been awesome- lots of Pho and beer. Highlights so far have been the abundance of beautiful (mostly western) people. I forgot how many good looking people there are while in Korea. I am also shocked by the number of westerners traveling. I guess we aren't the first people to think of traveling in Southeast Asia. Second highlight is riding on the back of motorbikes. Doesn't seem particularly safe but I haven't seen an accident yet so I'll be fine. Though I did burn the shit out of my leg on the tailpipe of one. That was a bummer. My sunburn is also a bummer but to be expected. Not a lot of shade when zipping around the city on the back of a motorbike! Next stop is Dalat up in the mountains where it should be a little bit cooler. Going to go play some games with Danielle now.

No comments:

Post a Comment