Wednesday, June 6, 2012

And the Emotional Rollercoaster continues

This time on an upswing luckily. We have spent a wonderful two days in Jodhpur and have done quite a bit of shopping. Today we were dropped off in town at a spice shop and the owner of the shop fell completely in love with Danielle (it wasn't creepy he was old). Less of a fan of me probably because I was a bit grumpy in the morning. Anyway he took us to a wholesale textile shop where we ended up spending around two hours! They showed us some of the most beautiful fabrics I have ever seen! We both got some major purchases which made us feel very grown up. Pretty much everything that I have bought in SEA was cheap random stuff but it is nice to buy things that are actually things that I will keep for ever. I keep thinking of the rug my mother has from Iran in her bedroom to remind myself that I should invest in some quality things. While we were there we were given chai, lassis and told all about Jodhpur. Overall it was a great experience and I feel like the things that I bought from them were not only of good quality but came from a positive experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment