Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rowdy Rathore!

The one good thing about Jaipur was that we got to see a Bollywood movie! It was absolutely rediculous. I don't know how people think they are cool. Pretty much it was two and a half hours long which is a long time to sit in a movie theater when you aren't really sure whats going on. It was a bit of action, a bit comedy (i think) and a bit romance. The best part was the very enthusiastic crowd. Whenever something exciting happened the whole auditorium would start shouting and clapping. The main character, which I guess was supposed to be some babe(?), was not a babe. He looked like a cross between Peter Sellers and Sasha Baron Cohen and acted just as foolishly. The women were babes and all the dance scenes were awesome but I just couldn't take it seriously. But maybe that was the point? I'm really not sure but it was fun and a nice way to spend the afternoon. Even better, afterwards we went to a McDonalds and got McFlurries and fries and they were SO GOOD. So good that I was a super fat American and refused to give my half finished McFlurry to a poor little street urchin. Can't take the American out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment