Friday, April 8, 2011

Radioactive Rain and Yellow Wind

So on Wednesday it rained and apparently the rain was radioactive. Pretty much ever Korean had their umbrella up (even when it was barely raining) and were wearing those charming face masks. Schools were even closed, especially around Seoul. It seems that this is mostly just the Koreans being super sensitive- a trend that is becoming more and more apparent. Pretty much it seems that they are paranoid and go to the hospital/wear their masks at the slightest cough or sneeze. A punch of wimps if you ask me.
What is terrifying though is that the yellow wind is supposed to be passing through Busan today or tomorrow and I am scarred to go outside- though it looks gorgeous from my lofty (I'm in my loft) perch. Anyway I guess winds pick up sand from the Gobi desert, blow it across Beijing where it picks up a shit ton of pollution and then sends it over Korea. I guess it only lasts for a day or two but can be really bad- it makes the air/wind look yellow. A co-worker said that his first year here it gave him a horrible sour throat. So definitely wearing a scarf- I refuse t every where one of those stupid masks! In other news here are some more photos of my students and their pencil cases. Everyone has one and most of them say ridiculous things in english on them. 
Trust your Impulses and Follow Your Instincts- great advice

I'm so sorry that I tore your heart apart last night. Yeah my bad.

This ones just cute (though a bit dirty)

Hard at work


Brian

Annie- super smart

Jenny really likes Hello Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment